– Vancouver, Canada
Post-covid, more design jobs will be remote;
- Opening the door for people who don’t / can’t work in tech hotspots.
- Lowering compensation as companies will pay based on an area’s cost of living.
- Worrying me about the dark side of remote work: loneliness, exclusion (i.e.: private slack groups), eating habits, etc.
- Making me wonder what the impact will be on now-lucrative lifestyle towns.
- Worrying me. Are managers are prepared to support remote workers?
- Making me wonder what the new “office perks” will be? (previously, onsite coffee, yoga, free lunches)
- Exciting me. More people will spend less time commuting. Better for the environment. Better for friends + family.
Have thoughts? Let me know.