Hi, I’m Dustin Senos. Welcome to my personal website. 👋
A goal to enrich peoples’ lives through engineering and design has driven me to create digital products for more than a decade.
Previously, I was the Head of Design at Medium, a platform where Barack Obama, Tony Hawk, and everyday people share thoughts and stories. Before Medium, I was a Software Engineer at Walt Disney and oversaw a team of engineers building the game engine for Club Penguin, a virtual world inhabited by millions of children.
I’m currently the co-founder of a new product, calo which launches spring, 2020. If you’re interested, leave your email for updates.
To build skill and gain perspective, I take on projects in various verticals that are interesting and challenging. Below is a selection of projects I’ve worked on:
- Lead a redesign for the The White House to revamp the We The People platform to increase the quality of submitted petitions.
- Wrote software for Facebook to ██████████ (under NDA).
- Lead the design for the launch of TechCrunch’s Extra Crunch premium membership.
- Lead the product and design for IFTTT’s partner dashboard and feedback systems.
- Helped design the first eero (acquired by Amazon) iOS app and onboarding experience.
- Hosted an on-site design sprint for Figure1 to increase user engagement.
- Branded and helped design Talkshow’s (acquired by Medium) iOS app.
- Lead the redesign of LaunchKit’s (acquired by Google) various tools.
- Co-engineered a social site for Samsung to accompany a new mobile phone launch.
- Consulted with Dreamworks to suggest improvements for a virtual world.
- Lead the design for Feminist Frequency to improve brand presence and increase donations.
- Lived in the Sierra Nevada Foothills for a month and donated design and product consulting to a nature conservancy.
I also ship personal projects like Out of Office Hours, Wallcat, and LittleIpsum. I have a bit of open source software on Github which I wrote for Twitter and Medium.
In 2017 I started a digital product studio taking on design, product, and prototyping work. If you’d like to work together, please get in touch.
I’m semi-active on Twitter and Instagram, and publish longer thoughts on Medium.
- What to talk about when we talk about diversity
- Have you tried Junkfood.app?
- How to get value from wireframes
- An approach to projects, furthering a cause by turning down work, and failing to make $ from Wallcat
- Creating useful design principles
- Your friends are more than their job titles (and so are you)
- On dashes, hyphens, and other important aspects of life
- Holiday office hours
As a personal goal I’ve challenged myself to speak in front of groups of strangers:
- Product Design — Munich, Germany
- Design Details #20 — San Francisco, USA
- Design Details Live @ Epicurrence — Oahu Hawaii, USA
- The Web Ahead — NYC, USA
- The Hero’s Journey — UXAlive Istanbul, Turkey
- Google FORM — San Francisco, USA
- TypeCon — Washinton DC, USA
If you’d like to chat, feel free to send me an email.