Hi, I’m Dustin Senos (he/him). Welcome to my personal website. 👋
I have worked in the tech industry for nearly two decades, drawn by curiosity about how things work. Currently, I am the Head of Design at The Browser Company of New York, where we’re building better browser to make your time on the internet more enjoyable. Want to be among the first to try Arc? Leave your email with us.
Before The Browser Company, I founded Small Animal Studios, a digital product studio. Prior to that, I was Head of Design at Medium, where Obama, Tony Hawk, and others share their thoughts and stories. I also spent time as a software engineer at Disney, leading a team that built the game engine for Club Penguin.
To stay sharp, I take on interesting, challenging projects across a range of industries. Here are some examples of my work:
- Led a redesign for the The White House’s We The People platform to increase the quality of submitted petitions.
- Led the design for the launch of TechCrunch’s Extra Crunch premium membership.
- Led the product and design for IFTTT’s partner dashboard and feedback systems.
- Helped design the first eero iOS app and onboarding experience (acquired by Amazon).
- Hosted an on-site design sprint for Figure1 to increase user engagement.
- Branded and helped design Talkshow’s iOS app (acquired by Medium).
- Led the redesign of LaunchKit’s various tools (acquired by Google).
- Co-engineered a social site for Samsung to accompany a new mobile phone launch.
- Consulted with Dreamworks to suggest improvements for a virtual world.
- Led the design for Feminist Frequency to improve brand presence and increase donations.
- Lived in the Sierra Nevada Foothills for a month, donating design and product consulting to a nature conservancy.
- Wrote iOS code for Facebook on their ████████ project
I also ship personal projects like Out of Office Hours, Wallcat, and LittleIpsum. I have a bit of open source software on Github which I wrote for Twitter and Medium.
I’m semi-active on Twitter and Instagram, and publish longer thoughts on Medium. I’m often reading and have recently listed the books I’m reading, read, and soon to start.
Various, ongoing projects:
- Calo Camera — A camera that values your attention.
- Sharemark — An email publishing platform.
- Articles.page — An updating list of evergreen articles in response to events at work, such as “I need to setup a career path framework.”
- Mixtape Songs — Currently a collection of friends’ “Favorite ten albums from the last ten years.” lists.
- What to talk about when we talk about diversity
- Have you tried Junkfood.app?
- How to get value from wireframes
- An approach to projects, furthering a cause by turning down work, and failing to make $ from Wallcat
- Creating useful design principles
- Your friends are more than their job titles (and so are you)
- On dashes, hyphens, and other important aspects of life
- Holiday office hours
As a personal goal I’ve challenged myself to speak in front of groups of strangers:
- Product Design — Munich, Germany
- Design Details #20 — San Francisco, USA
- Design Details Live @ Epicurrence — Oahu Hawaii, USA
- The Web Ahead — NYC, USA
- The Hero’s Journey — UXAlive Istanbul, Turkey
- Google FORM — San Francisco, USA
- TypeCon — Washinton DC, USA
If you’d like to chat, feel free to send me an email.