Hi, I’m Dustin Senos (he/him). Welcome to my personal website. 👋
A goal to enrich peoples’ lives through engineering and design has driven me to create digital products for almost two decades.
I spend my days at The Browser Company of New York as a product designer. We’re building a better browser so your time on the internet is more enjoyable. You should leave your email if you’d like to know when we launch.
Before The Browser Company, I started a digital product studio taking on design, product, and prototyping work. Before the studio, I was the Head of Design at Medium, a platform where Barack Obama, Tony Hawk, and everyday people share thoughts and stories. Before Medium, I was a Software Engineer at Walt Disney and oversaw a team of engineers building the game engine for Club Penguin, a virtual world inhabited by millions of children.
To build skill and gain perspective, I take on projects in various verticals that are interesting and challenging. Below is a selection of projects I’ve worked on:
- Wrote iOS code for Facebook on their ████████ project (under NDA)
- Lead a redesign for the The White House to revamp the We The People platform to increase the quality of submitted petitions.
- Lead the design for the launch of TechCrunch’s Extra Crunch premium membership.
- Lead the product and design for IFTTT’s partner dashboard and feedback systems.
- Helped design the first eero (acquired by Amazon) iOS app and onboarding experience.
- Hosted an on-site design sprint for Figure1 to increase user engagement.
- Branded and helped design Talkshow’s (acquired by Medium) iOS app.
- Lead the redesign of LaunchKit’s (acquired by Google) various tools.
- Co-engineered a social site for Samsung to accompany a new mobile phone launch.
- Consulted with Dreamworks to suggest improvements for a virtual world.
- Lead the design for Feminist Frequency to improve brand presence and increase donations.
- Lived in the Sierra Nevada Foothills for a month and donated design and product consulting to a nature conservancy.
I also ship personal projects like Out of Office Hours, Wallcat, and LittleIpsum. I have a bit of open source software on Github which I wrote for Twitter and Medium.
I’m semi-active on Twitter and Instagram, and publish longer thoughts on Medium. I’m often reading and have recently listed the books I’m reading, read, and soon to start.
Various, ongoing projects:
- Calo Camera — A camera that values your attention.
- Sharemark — An email publishing platform.
- Articles.page — An updating list of evergreen articles in response to events at work, such as “I need to setup a career path framework.”
- Mixtape Songs — Currently a collection of friends’ “Favorite ten albums from the last ten years.” lists.
- What to talk about when we talk about diversity
- Have you tried Junkfood.app?
- How to get value from wireframes
- An approach to projects, furthering a cause by turning down work, and failing to make $ from Wallcat
- Creating useful design principles
- Your friends are more than their job titles (and so are you)
- On dashes, hyphens, and other important aspects of life
- Holiday office hours
As a personal goal I’ve challenged myself to speak in front of groups of strangers:
- Product Design — Munich, Germany
- Design Details #20 — San Francisco, USA
- Design Details Live @ Epicurrence — Oahu Hawaii, USA
- The Web Ahead — NYC, USA
- The Hero’s Journey — UXAlive Istanbul, Turkey
- Google FORM — San Francisco, USA
- TypeCon — Washinton DC, USA
If you’d like to chat, feel free to send me an email.