Hi, I’m Dustin Senos. Welcome to my personal website. 👋
A goal to enrich peoples’ lives through engineering and design has driven me to create digital products for more than a decade.
I’m the co-founder of a new product, calo which launches spring, 2020. If you’re interested, leave your email for updates.
In 2017 I started a digital product studio taking on design, product, and prototyping work. Previously, I was the Head of Design at Medium, a platform where Barack Obama, Tony Hawk, and everyday people share thoughts and stories. Before Medium, I was a Software Engineer at Walt Disney and oversaw a team of engineers building the game engine for Club Penguin, a virtual world inhabited by millions of children.
To build skill and gain perspective, I take on projects in various verticals that are interesting and challenging. Below is a selection of projects I’ve worked on:
- Lead a redesign for the The White House to revamp the We The People platform to increase the quality of submitted petitions.
- Lead the design for the launch of TechCrunch’s Extra Crunch premium membership.
- Lead the product and design for IFTTT’s partner dashboard and feedback systems.
- Helped design the first eero (acquired by Amazon) iOS app and onboarding experience.
- Hosted an on-site design sprint for Figure1 to increase user engagement.
- Branded and helped design Talkshow’s (acquired by Medium) iOS app.
- Lead the redesign of LaunchKit’s (acquired by Google) various tools.
- Co-engineered a social site for Samsung to accompany a new mobile phone launch.
- Consulted with Dreamworks to suggest improvements for a virtual world.
- Lead the design for Feminist Frequency to improve brand presence and increase donations.
- Lived in the Sierra Nevada Foothills for a month and donated design and product consulting to a nature conservancy.
I also ship personal projects like Out of Office Hours, Wallcat, and LittleIpsum. I have a bit of open source software on Github which I wrote for Twitter and Medium.
I’m semi-active on Twitter and Instagram, and publish longer thoughts on Medium. I’m often reading and have recently listed the books I’m reading, read, and soon to start.
Various small, ongoing projects:
- Karaoke.camp — A 24hr free online karaoke
- Sharemark — An email publishing platform.
- Articles.page — An updating list of evergreen articles in response to events at work, such as “I need to setup a career path framework.”
- Mixtape Songs — Currently a collection of friends’ “Favorite ten albums from the last ten years.” lists.
- What to talk about when we talk about diversity
- Have you tried Junkfood.app?
- How to get value from wireframes
- An approach to projects, furthering a cause by turning down work, and failing to make $ from Wallcat
- Creating useful design principles
- Your friends are more than their job titles (and so are you)
- On dashes, hyphens, and other important aspects of life
- Holiday office hours
As a personal goal I’ve challenged myself to speak in front of groups of strangers:
- Product Design — Munich, Germany
- Design Details #20 — San Francisco, USA
- Design Details Live @ Epicurrence — Oahu Hawaii, USA
- The Web Ahead — NYC, USA
- The Hero’s Journey — UXAlive Istanbul, Turkey
- Google FORM — San Francisco, USA
- TypeCon — Washinton DC, USA
If you’d like to chat, feel free to send me an email.